Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Early American Government Interactive Notebook Unit
NINE American Government lessons (217 pages) of Nonfiction Informational Text, a balanced mix of engaging hands-on activities + SIXTEEN INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS to focus on our country’s system of Government from the first governments in America to the Continental Congress, Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation, United States Constitution, and the Bill of Rights:
Lesson 1: Government
Lesson 2: First Governments in America
Lesson 3: The French and Indian War
Lesson 4: Great Britain’s Taxes
Lesson 5: The Continental Congress
Lesson 6: The Declaration of Independence
Lesson 7: The Articles of Confederation
Lesson 8: The United States Constitution
Lesson 9: The Bill of Rights
AMERICAN GOVERNMENT ACTIVITIES:
• Questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• thought-provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
• Primary and Secondary Source Research Projects
• Expository Writing – entire Writing Process included!
• Famous People Biographies
• Reference Mapping Skills – Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
• Grid Puzzles – Ordered Pairs on a Coordinate Grid
• American Government Vocabulary Quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following written directions to make their own 3D model of Carpenter Hall. All patterns and step-by-step instructions included!
Early American Government includes SIXTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments. Again, all patterns and step-by-step instructions included:
• TWO One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizers
• TWO Vocabulary Booklets
• Government Flip Book
• TWO Vocabulary Flaps
• TWO Interactive Time Lines
• TWO Vocabulary Cootie Catchers with Pocket Organizer
• Famous American Research Project and Cube Foldable
• Articles of Confederation Circle Chart and Interactive Learning Wheel
• Principles of Government Booklet
• Interactive Venn Diagram~George Washington and James Madison
• Find the Fib Game (George Washington) + Two-Pocket Organizer
• Vocabulary Foldable
In addition, Early American Government will introduce students to famous government leaders John Smith, Thomas Paine, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, President George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and many others.
We’ve included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Interactive Notebook and Writing Assignments.
Early American Government, aligned with the 3rd-5th Grade READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards is one of NINE units in our American History Interactive Notebook Series. Purchase this Unit separately or save money and get FREE SHIPPING by purchasing one of our AMERICAN HISTORY BUNDLES OR CLASSROOM PACKAGES.
Download the Early American Government Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Standard Alignment, and sample Government Lessons and Activities.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!