The Civil War Interactive Notebook Unit
Thirteen Civil War lessons in this packed 222 page American History resource feature nonfiction informational text balanced with a mix of engaging hands-on activities, and Interactive Notebook assignments exploring events leading up to the Civil War, the Union and Confederacy, major Eastern and Western Theater battles, and Reconstruction:
- Lesson 1: A Nation Divided
- Lesson 2: Confederate Army
- Lesson 3: Union Army
- Lesson 4: Battle of Bull Run
- Lesson 5: Western Theater
- Lesson 6: Battle of Shiloh
- Lesson 7: Battle for New Orleans
- Lesson 8: Eastern Theater
- Lesson 9: Invasion of the North
- Lesson 10: Battles of 1863
- Lesson 11: Battles of 1864
- Lesson 12: End of the Civil War
- Lesson 13: Reconstruction
CIVIL WAR ACTIVITIES:
- Questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
- Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
- Reference Map Skills – cardinal and intermediate directions
- Grid Maps – ordered pairs on a coordinate grid
- Differentiating between Primary and Secondary Sources
- Expository Writing Practice – Writing Process included!
- Journal Writing – Close Reading and Text Features
- KWLH Charts
- Civil War Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS:*
- 2 One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizer
- 2 Vocabulary Foldables
- 2 Vocabulary Booklets
- 3 Vocabulary Cootie Catchers
- 3 Vocabulary Flaps
- Robert E. Lee Famous Person Wheel
- Venn Diagram Comparing the Union and Confederacy
- Civil War Expert’s Journal featuring 18 Journal Entries
- KWLH Chart – Four-Fold Organizer
* All patterns and step-by-step instructions included!
Context-appropriate Glossary, Answer pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Interactive Notebook and Writing assignments included.
Civil War, aligned with the 3rd-5th Grade Reading, Writing, and Language standards is one of 9 units in our American History Interactive Notebook Series. Purchase this Unit separately or save money by purchasing one of our AMERICAN HISTORY BUNDLES or CLASSROOM PACKAGES.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!
© 2019-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
If you like our Civil War Unit, please leave us a review. A huge thanks in advance!