Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
The Civil War Interactive Notebook Unit
THIRTEEN Complete Civil War lessons (222 pages) of Nonfiction Informational Text with engaging hands-on activities + SIXTEEN INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS to explore events leading up to the Civil War, the Union and the Confederacy, major Eastern and Western Theater battles, and Reconstruction:
Lesson 1: A Nation Divided
Lesson 2: The Confederate Army
Lesson 3: The Union Army
Lesson 4: The Civil War Battle of Bull Run
Lesson 5: The Western Theater
Lesson 6: The Civil War Battle of Shiloh
Lesson 7: The Civil War Battle for New Orleans
Lesson 8: The Eastern Theater
Lesson 9: Invasion of the North
Lesson 10: Civil War Battles of 1863
Lesson 11: Civil War Battles of 1864
Lesson 12: The End of the Civil War
Lesson 13: Reconstruction
CIVIL WAR ACTIVITIES:
• Questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• thought-provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
• Reference Map Skills – Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
• Grid Maps – Ordered Pairs on a Coordinate Grid
• Differentiating between Primary and Secondary Sources
• Expository Writing Practice – Writing Process Included!
• Formal, Persuasive, and Friendly Letter Writing
• Journal Writing – Close Reading and Text Features
• KWLH Charts
• Civil War Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
Students will then use the Civil War Content to complete SIXTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments. All patterns and step-by-step instructions included:
• TWO Vocabulary Foldables
• TWO One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizers
• TWO Vocabulary Booklets
• THREE Vocabulary Cootie Catchers
• THREE Vocabulary Flaps
• Robert E. Lee Famous Person Wheel
• Interactive Venn Diagram Comparing the Union and Confederacy
• Civil War Interactive Expert’s Journal featuring 18 Journal Entries
• Civil War KWLH Chart Four-Fold Organizer
We’ve included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Interactive Notebook and Writing Assignments.
The Civil War, aligned with the 3rd-5th Grade READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards is one of NINE units in our American History Interactive Notebook Series. Purchase this Unit separately or save money by purchasing the entire AMERICAN HISTORY INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE.
Download the Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Standard Alignment, as well as sample Lessons and Activities for this Civil War Unit.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!