The Cricket in Times Square Novel Study
The Cricket in Times Square is a 95-page Novel Study that spans the entire curriculum for an in-depth literature study of the book The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden.
We’ve packed The Cricket in Times Square with a balanced mix of higher and lower level hands-on activities that include:
- chapter questions in two formats: multiple choice and short answer
- thought-provoking discussion questions for stimulating prior knowledge
- vocabulary cards, quizzes, and context clues activities
- reference map skills using cardinal and intermediate directions
- Tucker Mouse, Chester Cricket, and Mario character webs
- The Cricket in Times Square 3D Craft: miniature cricket cage*
- The Cricket in Times Square original play: Let’s Celebrate!
- math problem solving involving basic operations, money, time, and graphing
- how-to-draw activities with step-by-step directions to practice functional text comprehension
- project-based writing activities to “wrap up” the study of The Cricket in Times Square
* patterns and directions are included!
Context-appropriate glossary, answer pages, reproducible bookmarks, and certificates are included!