Early American Government Interactive Notebook Unit – Civics & Government American History Lessons – Digital Download
NINE U.S. Government lessons of Nonfiction Informational Text (No Additional Textbook Needed), a balanced mix of engaging hands-on activities + FOURTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments to focus on our country’s system of Government from the first governments in America to the Continental Congress, Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation, United States Constitution, and the Bill of Rights.Read More
Lesson 1 – Government
Lesson 2 – First Governments in America
Lesson 3 – French and Indian War and Proclamation of 1763
Lesson 4 – Great Britain’s Taxes
Lesson 5 – The Continental Congress
Lesson 6 – The Declaration of Independence
Lesson 7 – The Articles of Confederation
Lesson 8 – The United States Constitution
Lesson 9 – The Bill of Rights
ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THIS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT:
- Questions after each Government lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension – we provide all of the CONTENT!
- thought-provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
- Primary and Secondary Source Research Projects
- Expository Writing – we take students through the entire Writing Process
- Famous People Biographies
- Reference Mapping using Cardinal & Intermediate Directions to plot battle sites on a French & Indian War Map
- Using Ordered Pairs on a Coordinate Grid to make a National Mall Map
- Vocabulary Quizzes
In addition, students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following written directions to make their own 3D model of Carpenter Hall. All patterns included!
Students will then use the American Government Content to complete FIFTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments (all patterns and step-by-step instructions included!):
- Two-Pocket Vocabulary Organizer
- Vocabulary Flap Books
- Vocabulary Accordion
- Vocabulary Flowers
- Vocabulary Cootie Catcher & One-Pocket Organizer
- Vocabulary Circle Flaps
- Vocabulary Booklets
- First Governments in America Four-Door Flip Book
- Great Britain’s Taxes Interactive Time Line
- Famous Americans Research Project and Cube Foldable
- Articles of Confederation Circle Chart and Interactive Learning Wheel
- Interactive Venn Diagram – George Washington and James Madison
- Principles of Government Tab Booklet
- Find the Fib Game (facts and fiction about George Washington) + Two-Pocket Organizer
We’ve included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the Interactive Notebook and higher-level Writing assignments.
© 2022-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
Splash! Publications • Created by Teachers • It Just Makes Sense.
This book is a digital download. You will receive a link to download the PDF after purchase. No physical book will be shipped.