Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Great Lakes States
THE GREAT LAKES STATES UNIT features six nonfiction informational text lessons with engaging higher and lower level hands-on activities to provide students with an in-depth study of the six Great Lakes States (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin.)
Students will explore the history of each Great Lakes state's first people, early explorers, famous colonists and leaders, early government, important battles and wars, and each state's journey to statehood.
In addition, every lesson in the Great Lakes States Unit has been professionally recorded with words and music. Set up a Listening Center for your reluctant readers or use the audio to enhance whole group instruction!
The Great Lakes States includes a balanced mix of lower and higher level hands-on activities that focus on:
- questions after each of the six lessons to assess informational text comprehension
- language skills activities to reinforce literacy in Social Studies
- how-to-draw activities to practice functional text comprehension
- reference mapping skills utilizing number and letter pairs on a coordinate grid
- reference mapping skills utilizing cardinal and intermediate directions
- Great Lakes States riddles and games
- primary and secondary source differentiation and research projects
- Great Lakes States time lines utilizing picture cues~great for ELL students
- journal and expository writing projects utilizing graphic organizers and pre-writing questions to guide students through the writing process
- Great Lakes States vocabulary and states and capitals quizzes~context-appropriate glossary, grading rubrics, and answer pages included
The Great Lakes States is one of EIGHT titles in our US Regions Series. Purchase the Great Lakes States separately or save money by purchasing the entire US REGIONS BUNDLE.
Download the Great Lakes States Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, sample Lessons, and Activities.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!