Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Great Plains States
The Great Plains States features six nonfiction informational text lessons with engaging higher and lower level hands-on activities to provide students with an in-depth study of the six Great Plains States – Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
Students will explore the history of each Great Plains State’s first people, early explorers, famous colonists and leaders, early government, important battles and wars, and each state’s journey to statehood.
The Great Plains States includes a balanced mix of lower and higher level hands-on activities that focus on:
- questions after each lesson – assessing informational text comprehension
- language skills activities – fostering literacy in Social Studies
- how-to-draw activities – practicing functional text comprehension
- primary and secondary source differentiation
- mapping skills – applying number pairs on a coordinate grid
- mapping skills – using cardinal and intermediate directions
- Morse Code activity – learning history of the telegraph system
- time lines using picture cues – great for ELL students!
- concept web and expository writing projects – takes students through the writing process
- vocabulary and states and capitals quizzes
Context-appropriate Glossary, Answer pages, and Grading Rubrics included!
The Great Plains States is one of 8 titles in our US Regions Series. Purchase this unit separately or save money by purchasing the entire US REGIONS BUNDLE.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!
© 2019-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
Splash! Publications • Created by Teachers • It Just Makes Sense.
If you like our Great Plains States Unit, please leave us a review. A huge thanks in advance!