Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Illinois History Unit
Illinois History was designed for teachers and homeschool parents searching for a literacy-based Illinois History unit aligned with the Common Core Standards and Illinois’s Learning Standards for Social Science, English Language Arts, and Math.
Students begin their journey through history with the first people and end with Government. Along the way, students learn about the fascinating people who once called Illinois home and their struggles to make Illinois the great state that it is today.
- Lesson 1: First People in Illinois
- Lesson 2: Fur Trade
- Lesson 3: Explorers
- Lesson 4: French and Indian War
- Lesson 5: Proclamation Line
- Lesson 6: American Revolution
- Lesson 7: Northwest Territory
- Lesson 8: Illinois Territory
- Lesson 9: Statehood
- Lesson 10: Government
ILLINOIS HISTORY ACTIVITIES:
- Questions – to assess informational text comprehension
- Thought-provoking Discussion Questions – encourage Critical Thinking
- How-to-Draw activities – step-by-step directions to practice functional text comprehension
- Functional Text Comprehension – follow written directions to make a paper model covered wagon*
- Reference Map Skills – using cardinal and intermediate directions
- Primary and Secondary Source differentiation
- Historical Time Lines – using picture cues (great for ELL students!)
- Reference Map Skills – plotting number pairs on a coordinate grid
- Creative, Expository, and Persuasive Writing assignments – graphic organizers, outlines, and pre-writing questions included!
- Grid Math – using number and letter coordinates to solve grid puzzles
- Vocabulary activities and Quizzes
* All patterns and step-by-step instructions included!
Context-appropriate Glossary, Answer pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level and Writing assignments included.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!
© 2019-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
© Copyright 2010. The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved
If you like our Illinois History Unit, please leave us a review. A huge thanks in advance!