Indiana History 4th Grade State Study – Digital Download
Indiana History is a State-Aligned Resource that uses Nonfiction Informational Text to teach students about Native Americans in Indiana, Explorers, the French and Indian War, the American Revolution, Statehood, Indiana’s Government, and so much more!
Indiana History includes TEN COMPLETE lessons. We’ve packed this Bundle with all of the Content and engaging hands-on activities that students need to learn about Indiana’s History.
- Questions after each Indiana lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
- Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions that encourage Critical Thinking
- How-to-Draw activities following directions to practice Functional Text Comprehension
- Reference Map Skills using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
- Reference Map Skills plotting number pairs on a Coordinate Grid
- Primary and Secondary Source Differentiation
- Historical Time Lines using Picture Cues – great for ELL Students
- Expository and Persuasive Writing assignments
- Main Idea Questions Pull-Out Organizer
- Grid Math using Number and Letter Coordinates to solve Grid Puzzles
- Vocabulary activities and quizzes
- Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following directions to build a Covered Wagon model – all patterns and step-by-step directions included!
Lesson 1 – Indiana’s Native Americans
Lesson 2 – The Fur Trade
Lesson 3 – Indiana’s Explorers
Lesson 4 – French and Indian War
Lesson 5 – Proclamation of 1763
Lesson 6 – The American Revolution
Lesson 7 – The Northwest Territory
Lesson 8 – The Indiana Territory
Lesson 9 – Indiana’s Statehood
Lesson 10 – Indiana’s Government
We’ve included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Indiana Writing activities.
© 2022-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
Splash! Publications • Created by Teachers • It Just Makes Sense.
This book is a digital download. You will receive a link to download the PDF after purchase. No physical book will be shipped.