Michigan History State Study – Digital Download
Michigan History is a State-Aligned Resource that uses Nonfictional Informational Text (ALL CONTENT INCLUDED – NO ADDITIONAL TEXTBOOK NEEDED) to teach students about Native Americans in Michigan, Explorers, the French and Indian War, the American Revolution, Statehood, Michigan’s Government, and so much more!
Michigan History includes ELEVEN COMPLETE lessons. We’ve packed this Bundle with all of the Content and engaging hands-on activities that students need to learn about Michigan’s History:Read More
- Questions after each Michigan lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
- Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions that encourage Critical Thinking
- How-to-Draw activities following directions to practice Functional Text Comprehension
- Reference Map Skills using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
- Reference Map Skills plotting number pairs on a Coordinate Grid
- Primary and Secondary Source Differentiation and Research Project
- Historical Time Lines using Picture Cues – great for ELL Students
- Creative, Expository, and Persuasive Writing assignments – We take students through the Writing Process!
- Grid Math using Number and Letter Coordinates to solve Grid Puzzles
- Vocabulary activities and quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following directions to build a Covered Wagon model – all patterns and step-by-step directions included!
Lesson 1 – Michigan’s Native Americans
Lesson 2 – The Fur Trade
Lesson 3 – Michigan’s Explorers
Lesson 4 – Louisiana
Lesson 5 – French and Indian War
Lesson 6 – Proclamation of 1763
Lesson 7 – The American Revolution
Lesson 8 – The Northwest Territory
Lesson 9 – The Michigan Territory
Lesson 10 – Statehood
Lesson 11 – Michigan’s Government
We’ve included a context-appropriate Michigan History Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level Writing assignments.
© 2022-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
Splash! Publications • Created by Teachers • It Just Makes Sense.
This book is a digital download. You will receive a link to download the PDF after purchase. No physical book will be shipped.