Michigan History Unit
Michigan History was designed for teachers and homeschool parents searching for a literacy-based Michigan History unit aligned with the Common Core Standards and Michigan’s Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCEs) for Social Studies and Language Arts.
Students begin their journey through history with the first people and end with Government. Along the way, students learn about the fascinating people who once called Michigan home and their struggles to make Michigan the great state that it is today.
- Lesson 1: First People in Michigan
- Lesson 2: Fur Trade
- Lesson 3: Explorers
- Lesson 4: Louisiana
- Lesson 5: French and Indian War
- Lesson 6: Proclamation Line
- Lesson 7: American Revolution
- Lesson 8: Northwest Territory
- Lesson 9: Michigan Territory
- Lesson 10: Statehood
- Lesson 11: Government
MICHIGAN HISTORY ACTIVITIES:
- Questions – to assess informational text comprehension
- Thought-provoking Discussion Questions – encourage Critical Thinking
- How-to-Draw activities – step-by-step directions to practice functional text comprehension
- Functional Text Comprehension – follow written directions to make a paper model covered wagon*
- Reference Map Skills – using cardinal and intermediate directions
- Primary and Secondary Source differentiation
- Primary and Secondary Source Research Project – Find the Fib game*
- Reference Map Skills – plotting number pairs on a coordinate grid
- Historical Time Lines – using picture cues (great for ELL students!)
- Creative, Expository, and Persuasive Writing assignments – graphic organizers, outlines, and pre-writing questions included!
- Grid Math – using number and letter coordinates to solve grid puzzles
- Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
* All patterns and step-by-step instructions included!
Context-appropriate Glossary, Answer pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level and Writing assignments included.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!
© 2019-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
© Copyright 2010. The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved
Splash! Publications • Created by Teachers • It Just Makes Sense.
If you like our Michigan History Unit, please leave us a review. A huge thanks in advance!