Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Michigan History Unit
MICHIGAN HISTORY was designed for teachers and homeschool parents searching for a literacy-based Michigan History unit aligned with the Common Core Standards and Michigan’s Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCEs) for Social Studies and Language Arts.
Michigan History begins its journey through history with Michigan’s first people and ends with Statehood and Michigan’s system of Government. Along the way, students will learn about the fascinating people who once called Michigan home and their struggles to make
Michigan the great state that it is today.
Lesson 1: Michigan’s First People
Lesson 2: The Fur Trade
Lesson 3: Explorers
Lesson 4: Louisiana
Lesson 5: The French and Indian War
Lesson 6: The Proclamation Line
Lesson 7: The American Revolution
Lesson 8: The Northwest Territory
Lesson 9: The Michigan Territory
Lesson 10: Statehood
Lesson 11: Government
Michigan History is a complete literacy-based unit that includes all of the Nonfiction Informational Text and a range of higher and lower level hands-on activities:
- Questions after each of the 11 Michigan History lessons to assess Informational Text Comprehension
- Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions that encourage Critical Thinking
- How-to-Draw activities following step-by-step directions to practice Functional Text Comprehension
- Reference Map Skills using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions to plot historical places of interest on a map
- Primary and Secondary Source Differentiation
- Primary and Secondary Source Research Project to make the game Find the Fib~all game materials included
- Reference Map Skills plotting number pairs on a Coordinate Grid
- Historical Time Lines using Picture Cues~great for ELL Students
- Creative, Expository, and Persuasive Writing assignments~graphic organizers, outlines, and pre-writing questions included
- Grid Math using Number and Letter Coordinates to solve Grid Puzzles
- Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following directions to build a Covered Wagon model~all patterns and step-by-step directions included!
We’ve included a context-appropriate Michigan History Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level Michigan History Writing assignments.
Download the Michigan History Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, State and Common Core Standard Alignment, and sample lessons and Indiana History activities.
FREE SHIPPING on minimum $50 order!