3rd Grade Michigan History Curriculum
Our 3rd Grade Michigan History Unit was designed for teachers and homeschool parents searching for a literacy-based 3rd Grade Michigan Social Studies curriculum aligned with the Common Core Standards and Michigan’s Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCEs) for Social Studies and Language Arts.
Students begin their journey through history with the first people and end with Government. Along the way, students learn about the fascinating people who once called Michigan home and their struggles to make Michigan the great state that it is today.
- Lesson 1: First People in Michigan
- Lesson 2: Fur Trade
- Lesson 3: Explorers
- Lesson 4: Louisiana
- Lesson 5: French and Indian War
- Lesson 6: Proclamation Line
- Lesson 7: American Revolution
- Lesson 8: Northwest Territory
- Lesson 9: Michigan Territory
- Lesson 10: Statehood
- Lesson 11: Government
MICHIGAN HISTORY ACTIVITIES:
- Questions – to assess informational text comprehension
- Thought-provoking Discussion Questions – encourage Critical Thinking
- How-to-Draw activities – step-by-step directions to practice functional text comprehension
- Functional Text Comprehension – follow written directions to make a paper model covered wagon*
- Reference Map Skills – using cardinal and intermediate directions
- Primary and Secondary Source differentiation
- Primary and Secondary Source Research Project – Find the Fib game*
- Reference Map Skills – plotting number pairs on a coordinate grid
- Historical Time Lines – using picture cues (great for ELL students!)
- Creative, Expository, and Persuasive Writing assignments – graphic organizers, outlines, and pre-writing questions included!
- Grid Math – using number and letter coordinates to solve grid puzzles
- Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
* All patterns and step-by-step instructions included!
Context-appropriate Glossary, Answer pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level and Writing assignments included.
© 2019-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
© Copyright 2010. The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved
You may also like…
Slavery in America Interactive Notebook Unit$24.95 Add to cart
Third Grade Language & Grammar Unit – ELA Practice & Test Prep$21.95 Add to cart
Great Lakes States US Regions Interactive Notebook Unit$19.95 Add to cart
Fourth Grade Language & Grammar Unit – ELA Practice & Test Prep$21.95 Add to cart
New World Explorers Interactive Notebook Unit$24.95 Add to cart
Early American Government Interactive Notebook Unit$24.95 Add to cart
Civil War Interactive Notebook Unit$24.95 Add to cart
Spanish Explorers Interactive Notebook Unit$24.95 Add to cart
Fourth Grade Daily Language Practice & Assessments – Daily Grammar Review + ELA Morning Work Practice$24.95 Add to cart
American Revolution Interactive Notebook Unit$24.95 Add to cart
Third Grade Daily Language Practice & Assessments – Daily Grammar Review + ELA Morning Work Practice$24.95 Add to cart
Thirteen Colonies Interactive Notebook Unit$24.95 Add to cart