Middle Atlantic States
The Middle Atlantic States Unit features five nonfiction informational text lessons with engaging higher and lower level hands-on activities to provide students with an in-depth study of the five Middle Atlantic States – Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
Students will explore the history of each Middle Atlantic State’s first people, early explorers, famous colonists and leaders, early government, important battles and wars, and each state’s journey to statehood.
The Middle Atlantic States includes a balanced mix of lower and higher level hands-on activities that focus on:
- questions after each lesson – assessing informational text comprehension
- language skills activities – reinforcing literacy in Social Studies
- thematic mapping skills – creating a color-coded time zone map followed by analysis questions
- reference mapping skills – applying cardinal and intermediate directions to plot points of interest on a map
- reference mapping skills – using lines of latitude and longitude, equator, and prime meridian to plot places of interest on a map
- learn about our National Anthem – answering thought-provoking discussion questions stimulating critical thinking
- concept web and expository paragraph writing practice – utilizing the writing process
- 3D time line paper craft – marking historical events in the Middle Atlantic States
- vocabulary and states/capitals quizzes
Context-appropriate Glossary, Answer pages, and Grading Rubrics included!
The Middle Atlantic States is one of 8 titles in our US Regions Series. Purchase this unit separately or save money by purchasing the entire US REGIONS BUNDLE.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!
© 2019-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
Splash! Publications • Created by Teachers • It Just Makes Sense.
You may also like…
Sixth Grade Language Interactive Notebook Unit$24.95 Select options
Fifth Grade Daily Language Practice & Assessments$24.95 Select options
Mountain States$19.95 Add to cart
Thirteen Colonies Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options
The Cricket in Times Square Novel Study$19.95 Add to cart
Early American Government Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options
New England States$19.95 Add to cart
Sixth Grade Daily Language Practice & Assessments$24.95 Select options
Spanish Explorers Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options
Great Lakes States$19.95 Add to cart
New World Explorers Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options
Southwest States$19.95 Add to cart
Pacific States$19.95 Add to cart
Southeast States$19.95 Add to cart
American Revolution Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options
Fifth Grade Language Unit – Spiral Bound$24.95 Add to cart