Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
NATIONAL HOLIDAYS includes 105 pages designed for 1st-3rd grade teachers and homeschool parents searching for content-rich National Holidays lessons that foster Math and Literacy in Social Studies.
National Holidays features 13 complete lessons (all nonfiction informational text included) focusing on these major holidays:
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Pearl Harbor Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Valentine’s Day
- President’s Day
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Mother’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Father’s Day
- Independence Day
We’ve packed National Holidays with a balanced mix of higher and lower level hands-on activities that include:
- National Holidays pre and post tests
- questions after each of the 13 lessons to assess informational text
- cut and paste literacy and critical thinking activities
- making and utilizing circle charts
- reference map skills using cardinal directions to locate Earth’s seven continents and five major oceans on a map of the world
- grid math utilizing number and letter pairs on a coordinate grid to plot points of interest on a world map and solve mystery puzzles
- time lines to trace the history of historical and personal events
- short research project to make and play the game Find the Fib using true and false statements
- odd and even math puzzle
- sequencing and following written directions activity
- ready-made rhyming literacy game, answer pages, and grading rubrics for the higher level National Holidays activities included!
National Holidays is one of SIX titles in our Primary Series. Purchase National Holidays separately or save money by purchasing the entire PRIMARY SERIES BUNDLE.
Download the National Holidays Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, sample Lessons and Activities.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!