National Holidays includes 105 pages designed for 1st – 3rd grade teachers and homeschool parents searching for engaging, content-rich lessons that foster Math and Literacy in Social Studies.
National Holidays features 13 complete lessons focusing on these major holidays:
• Labor Day • Columbus Day • Veterans Day • Thanksgiving • Pearl Harbor Day
• MLK Day • Valentine’s Day • President’s Day • St. Patrick’s Day • Mother’s Day
• Memorial Day • Independence Day
All nonfiction informational text included!
National Holidays is packed with a balanced mix of higher and lower level hands-on activities that include:
- National Holidays pre and post tests
- questions after each of the 13 lessons – to assess informational text comprehension
- cut and paste activities – fostering literacy and critical thinking
- making and utilizing circle charts
- reference map skills – using cardinal directions
- grid math – utilizing number and letter pairs on a coordinate grid
- time lines – tracing the history of historical and personal events
- short research project
- odd and even math puzzle
- sequencing and following written directions activity
- ready-made rhyming literacy game
Answer pages, and grading rubrics for the higher level activities included!
National Holidays is one of six titles in our Primary Series. Purchase National Holidays separately or save money by purchasing the entire PRIMARY SERIES BUNDLE.
© 2019-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!