Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
NATIONAL SYMBOLS includes 137 pages designed for 1st-3rd grade teachers and homeschool parents searching for content-rich National Symbols lessons that foster Math and Literacy in Social Studies.
National Symbols features 13 complete lessons (all nonfiction informational text included) focusing on these American icons:
- the American Flag
- the Bald Eagle
- the Great Seal
- the United States Capitol
- the Liberty Bell
- the Statue of Liberty
- the Washington Monument
- the Jefferson Memorial
- the Lincoln Memorial
- the Golden Gate Bridge
- Mount Rushmore
- the Gateway Arch
- the Empire State Building
We’ve packed National Symbols with a balanced mix of higher and lower level hands-on activities that include:
- National Symbols pre and post tests
- questions after each of the 13 lessons to assess informational text
- short research project to make and play the game Find the Fib using true and false statements
- grid math utilizing number and letter pairs on a coordinate grid to solve mystery puzzles
- expository sentence writing practice using graphic organizers
- time lines to trace the history of historical and personal events
- bar graph to illustrate the heights of various National Symbols
- reference map skills using cardinal directions to plot important points of interest on a map
- ready-made literacy game, answer pages, and grading rubrics for the higher level National Symbols activities included!
In addition, students will practice comprehending Functional Text by following step-by-step directions to make their own 3D Model of Mount Rushmore and a Statue of Liberty bookmark. All patterns included!
National Symbols is one of SIX titles in our Primary Series. Purchase National Symbols separately or save money by purchasing the entire PRIMARY SERIES BUNDLE.
Download the National Symbols Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, sample Lessons and Activities.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!