New England States
The New England States features six nonfiction informational text lessons with engaging higher and lower level hands-on activities to provide students with an in-depth study of the six New England States – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Students will explore the history of each New England State’s first people, early explorers, famous colonists and leaders, early government, important battles and wars, and each state’s journey to statehood.
The New England States includes a balanced mix of lower and higher level hands-on activities that focus on:
- questions after each lesson – to assess informational text comprehension
- language skills activities – fostering literacy in Social Studies
- differentiating between primary and secondary sources
- reference map skills – using cardinal and intermediate directions
- expository writing and research projects – utilizing primary and secondary sources
- grid math – applying number coordinates to solve mystery puzzles
- vocabulary and states/capitals quizzes
Context-appropriate Glossary, Answer pages, and Grading Rubrics included!
The New England States is one of 8 titles in our US Regions Series. Purchase this unit separately or save money by purchasing the entire US REGIONS BUNDLE.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!
© 2019-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
Splash! Publications • Created by Teachers • It Just Makes Sense.
If you like our New England States Unit, please leave us a review. A huge thanks in advance!