Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
New England States
THE NEW ENGLAND STATES UNIT features six nonfiction informational text lessons with engaging higher and lower level hands-on activities to provide students with an in-depth study of the six New England States (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.)
Students will explore the history of each New England state's first people, early explorers, famous colonists and leaders, early government, important battles and wars, and each state's journey to statehood.
In addition, every lesson in the New England States Unit has been professionally recorded with words and music. Set up a Listening Center for your reluctant readers or use the audio to enhance whole group instruction!
The New England States includes a balanced mix of lower and higher level hands-on activities that focus on:
- questions after each of the six lessons to assess informational text comprehension
- language skills activities that foster literacy in Social Studies
- differentiating between primary and secondary sources
- reference map skills using cardinal and intermediate directions
- expository writing and research projects utilizing primary and secondary sources
- grid math utilizing number coordinates to solve mystery puzzles
- New England States vocabulary and states and capitals quizzes~context-appropriate glossary, answer pages, and grading rubrics included
The New England States is one of EIGHT titles in our US Regions Series. Purchase the New England States separately or save money by purchasing the entire US REGIONS BUNDLE.
Download the New England States Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, sample Lessons, and Activities.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!