New World Explorers Interactive Notebook Unit – 9 Explorers of the New World Lessons – Digital Download
NINE New World Explorers Lessons featuring Nonfiction Informational Text (No Additional Textbook Needed) with a balanced mix of engaging hands-on activities + FIFTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments to focus on Explorers of the New World.Read More
Lesson 1 – Leif Erikson
Lesson 2 – John Cabot
Lesson 3 – Giovanni da Verrazano
Lesson 4 – Jacques Cartier
Lesson 5 – Sir Francis Drake
Lesson 6 – Samuel de Champlain
Lesson 7 – Henry Hudson
Lesson 8 – Robert La Salle
Lesson 9 – The Future of New France
NEW WORLD EXPLORERS ACTIVITIES:
- Questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension – we provide all of the CONTENT!
- Thought-provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
- Thematic Mapping Skills to make a map of Samuel de Champlain’s Voyages
- Scale Mapping to measure the distance of Henry Hudson’s Voyages
- Differentiating between Primary and Secondary Sources
- KWLH Charts with Follow-Up Questions
- Expository and Creative Writing Practice – we take students through the writing process and provide all Outlines and Checklists
- New World Explorer Vocabulary Quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following written directions to make a miniature Viking ship. All patterns and step-by-step instructions included!
Students will then use the New World Explorers Content to complete FIFTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments (all patterns and step-by-step instructions included!):
- Vocabulary Booklets
- One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizer
- Vocabulary Cootie Catchers with Two-Pocket Organizer
- Vocabulary Flap Books
- Vocabulary Foldable
- Vocabulary Puzzles
- Vocabulary Circle Flaps
- Vocabulary Flowers
- Six-Flap Vocabulary Organizer
- Leif Erikson Journal Page and Interactive Booklet
- John Cabot Web and Cube Foldable
- Giovanni da Verrazano Accordion Foldable
- Jacques Cartier Interactive Time Line
- Samuel de Champlain Pocket Time Line
- Future of New France Four-Fold Organizer
We’ve included a context-appropriate New World Explorers Glossary, Grading Rubrics for the Writing and Interactive Notebook assignments, and Answer Pages.
© 2022-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
Splash! Publications • Created by Teachers • It Just Makes Sense.
This book is a digital download. You will receive a link to download the PDF after purchase. No physical book will be shipped.