Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
New World Explorers Interactive Notebook Unit
NINE New World Explorers Lessons (195 pages) featuring Nonfiction Informational Text with a balanced mix of engaging hands-on activities + SIXTEEN INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS to focus on Explorers of the New World:
Lesson 1: Leif Erikson
Lesson 2: John Cabot
Lesson 3: Giovanni da Verrazano
Lesson 4: Jacques Cartier
Lesson 5: Sir Francis Drake
Lesson 6: Samuel de Champlain
Lesson 7: Henry Hudson
Lesson 8: Robert La Salle
Lesson 9: The Future of New France
NEW WORLD EXPLORERS ACTIVITIES:
• Questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Thought-provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
• Thematic Mapping Skills – map of Samuel de Champlain’s Voyages
• Scale Mapping to measure the distance of Henry Hudson’s Voyages
• Differentiating between Primary and Secondary Sources
• KWLH Charts with Follow-Up Questions
• Expository and Creative Writing Practice
• New World Explorer Vocabulary Quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following written directions to make a miniature Viking ship. All patterns and step-by-step instructions included!
New World Explorers includes SIXTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments. Again, all patterns and step-by-step instructions included:
• TWO Vocabulary Booklets
• TWO One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizers
• TWO Vocabulary Cootie Catchers with Two-Pocket Organizers
• TWO Vocabulary Flaps
• ONE Vocabulary Foldable
• Leif Erikson Journal Page and Interactive Booklet
• John Cabot Web and Cube Foldable
• Giovanni da Verrazano Accordion Foldable
• Jacques Cartier Interactive Time Line
• Samuel de Champlain Pocket Time Line
• Future of New France Four-Fold Organizer
We’ve included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Interactive Notebook and Writing Assignments.
New World Explorers, aligned with the 3rd-5th Grade READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards is one of NINE units in our American History Interactive Notebook Series. Purchase this Unit separately or save money and get FREE SHIPPING by purchasing one of our AMERICAN HISTORY BUNDLES OR CLASSROOM PACKAGES.
Download the New World Explorers Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Standard alignment, and sample New World Explorers Lessons and Activities.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!