Ohio History Unit
Ohio History was designed for teachers and homeschool parents searching for a literacy-based Ohio History unit aligned with the Common Core Standards and Ohio’s Academic Standards for Social Studies, English Language Arts, and Math.
Students begin their journey through history with the first people and end with Government. Along the way, students learn about the fascinating people who once called Ohio home and their struggles to make Ohio the great state that it is today.
- Lesson 1: First People in Ohio
- Lesson 2: Explorers
- Lesson 3: French and Indian War
- Lesson 4: Proclamation Line
- Lesson 5: American Revolution
- Lesson 6: Northwest Territory
- Lesson 7: Louisiana Purchase
- Lesson 8: Statehood
- Lesson 9: Government
OHIO HISTORY ACTIVITIES:
- Questions – to assess informational text comprehension
- Thought-provoking discussion questions – encourage Critical Thinking
- How-to-Draw activities – step-by-step directions to practice functional text comprehension
- Functional Text Comprehension – follow written directions to make a paper model covered wagon*
- Reference Map Skills – using cardinal and intermediate directions
- Reference Map Skills – plotting number pairs on a coordinate grid
- Primary and Secondary Source differentiation
- Historical Time Lines – using picture cues (great for ELL students!)
- Creative, Expository, and Persuasive Writing assignments – graphic organizers, outlines, and pre-writing questions included!
- Grid Math – using number and letter coordinates to solve grid puzzles
- Vocabulary activities and Quizzes
* All patterns and step-by-step instructions included!
Context-appropriate Glossary, Answer pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level and Writing assignments included.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!
© 2019-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
© Copyright 2010. The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved
You may also like…
American Revolution Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options
Great Lakes States$19.95 Add to cart
Fourth Grade Daily Language Practice & Assessments$24.95 Select options
Spanish Explorers Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options
Fourth Grade Language Unit$24.95 Select options
Early American Government Interactive Notebook Unit – Spiral Bound$21.95 Add to cart
Thirteen Colonies Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options
New World Explorers Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options