Sixth Grade Language & Grammar Interactive Notebook Unit – ELA Practice & Test Prep – Digital Download
EIGHT complete Interactive Notebook lessons aligned with the 6th Grade Common Core READING and LANGUAGE Standards.
We’ve Included NINE Interactive Notebook assignments, EIGHT Journal Writing activities, TWENTY-NINE Core Practice Worksheets, plus THIRTEEN FULL-COLOR Content Posters ready to laminate and hang in your classroom. We’ve created this Unit with an Ancient History Theme, just for 6th Graders!Read More
EACH OF THE 8 INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSONS FEATURES:
- FULL-COLOR Language Posters – just print, laminate, and hang in your classroom
- a COMPLETE Language Lesson with highlighted Text Features~Ancient History themed!
- Core Practice Worksheets to grasp each of the 6th Grade Language Standards (29 IN ALL!)
- a Close Journal Activity featuring Main Ideas and Details (6.RI.1, 6.RI.4, 6.RI.10)
- a 6th-grade Interactive Notebook assignment – all patterns and directions included!
SIXTH-GRADE LESSONS AND STANDARDS:
Lesson 1 – Pronouns
- subjective, objective, possessive, reflexive, intensive CC.6.L.1a, CC.6.L.1b
Lesson 2 – Pronouns and Antecedents
- shifts in number/person, vague/ambiguous pronouns CC.6.L.1c, CC.6.L.1d
Lesson 3 – Standard English
- restrictive/nonrestrictive elements, varying sentence patterns CC.6.L.1e, CC.6.L.2a, CC.6.L2b, CC.6.L3a, CC.6.L3b
Lesson 4 – Context Clues
- using the overall meaning of sentences and paragraphs CC.6.L4a
Lesson 5 – Prefixes and Suffixes
- Greek and Latin roots, prefixes, and suffixes CC.6.L4b
Lesson 6 – Reference Tools
- dictionaries, thesauruses, glossaries, sentence context CC.6.L4c, CC.6.L4d
Lesson 7 – Figurative Language
- similes, metaphors, personification CC.6.L5a
Lesson 8 – Word Relationships
- analogies, denotations, connotations CC.6.L5b, CC.6.L5c, CC.6.L6
In addition to Journal Pages and Core Practice Worksheets, students will use each lesson’s content to create EIGHT Interactive Notebook Assignments: (all patterns and step-by-step directions included!)
- Pronoun Organizer
- Pronouns and Antecedents Flip Book
- Restrictive and Nonrestrictive Elements Organizer
- Context Clues Pull-Out Organizer
- Prefixes, Suffixes, and Root Accordion Foldable
- Reference Tools Cooties Catchers + Two-Pocket Organizer
- Figurative Language Flaps + Interactive Myth Booklet
- Word Relationships Analogy Foldable
13 colorful Content Posters are included in a separate file.
Lesson Plans, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the Interactive Notebook assignments are included.
© 2022-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
Splash! Publications • Created by Teachers • It Just Makes Sense.
This book is a digital download. You will receive a link to download the ZIP file after purchase. No physical book will be shipped.