Slavery in America Interactive Notebook Unit
Six Slavery lessons in this packed 151 page American History resource feature nonfiction informational text balanced with a mix of engaging hands-on activities, and Interactive Notebook assignments exploring the Slave Trade in America, the Life of a Slave, the Birth of our Nation and its Impact on Slavery, the Underground Railroad, Slave Rebellions, and famous Abolitionists:
- Lesson 1: Slavery’s Beginnings
- Lesson 2: A Slave’s Life
- Lesson 3: The United States of America
- Lesson 4: Slave Rebellions
- Lesson 5: Underground Railroad
- Lesson 6: Famous Abolitionists
- Lesson 7: Declaration of Independence
- Lesson 8: American Revolution Battles in the North
- Lesson 9: American Revolution Battles in the South
AMERICAN REVOLUTION ACTIVITIES:
- Questions after each lesson to assess informational text comprehension
- Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
- Primary and Secondary Source – Differentiation + Research Projects
- KWLH Charts – with Follow-Up Activities
- Journal Writing Project from a Slave’s Point of View
- Underground Railroad Story – questions and outlines included!
- Thomas Jefferson and Sojourner Truth biographies and questions
- Slavery in America Vocabulary Quizzes
INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS:*
- One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizer
- Vocabulary Foldables
- Vocabulary Booklets
- Vocabulary Cootie Catchers
- Vocabulary Flaps
- Slavery Journal Booklet featuring 8 journal entries
- A Slave’s Life Pocket Organizer
- Thomas Jefferson Find the Fib Game with Two-Pocket Organizer
- Slave Rebellions Cause and Effect Organizers
- Slavery KWLH Chart Four-Fold Organizer
* All patterns and step-by-step instructions included!
FAMOUS ABOLITIONISTS FEATURED:
- Gabriel Prosser
- Denmark Vesey
- Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Frederick Douglass
- Harriet Tubman
Context-appropriate Glossary, Answer pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Interactive Notebook and Writing assignments included.
Slavery in America, aligned with the 3rd-5th Grade Reading, Writing, and Language standards is one of 9 units in our American History Interactive Notebook Series. Purchase this Unit separately or save money by purchasing one of our AMERICAN HISTORY BUNDLES or CLASSROOM PACKAGES.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!
© 2019-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
If you like our Slavery in America Unit, please leave us a review. A huge thanks in advance!
You may also like…
Spanish Explorers Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options
Westward Expansion Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options
New World Explorers Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options
Thirteen Colonies Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options
World War I Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options
American Revolution Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options
Early American Government Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options
Civil War Interactive Notebook Unit$21.95 Select options