Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Slavery in America Interactive Notebook Unit
SIX Complete Slavery Lessons (151 pages) of Nonfiction Informational Text, engaging hands-on activities, and TWELVE INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS to explore the Slave Trade in America, the Life of a Slave, the Birth of our Nation and its Impact on Slavery, the Underground Railroad, Slave Rebellions, and famous Abolitionists:
Lesson 1: Slavery’s Beginnings
Lesson 2: A Slave’s Life
Lesson 3: The United States of America
Lesson 4: Slave Rebellions
Lesson 5: The Underground Railroad
Lesson 6: Famous Abolitionists
SLAVERY IN AMERICA ACTIVITIES:
• Questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
• Primary and Secondary Source Differentiation + Research Projects
• KWLH Charts with Follow-Up Activities
• Journal Writing Project from a Slave’s Point of View
• Underground Railroad Story – Questions and Outlines Included
• Thomas Jefferson and Sojourner Truth Biographies and Questions
• Slavery in America Vocabulary Quizzes
Students will then use the Slavery Content to complete TWELVE Interactive Notebook Assignments. All patterns and step-by-step instructions included:
• One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizers
• Vocabulary Foldables
• Vocabulary Booklets
• Vocabulary Cootie Catchers
• Vocabulary Flaps
• Interactive Slavery Journal Booklet featuring 8 Journal Entries
• A Slave’s Life Pocket Organizer
• Thomas Jefferson Find the Fib Game with Two-Pocket Organizer
• Slave Rebellions Cause and Effect Organizers
• Slavery KWLH Chart Four-Fold Organizer
During their study of Slavery, students will read biographies of Gabriel Prosser, Denmark Vesey, Nat Turner, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Harriet Tubman, and Frederick Douglass
We’ve included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Interactive Notebook and Writing Assignments.
Slavery in America, aligned with the 3rd-5th Grade READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards is one of NINE units in our American History Interactive Notebook Series. Purchase this Unit separately or save money by purchasing the entire AMERICAN HISTORY INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE.
Download the Slavery Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Standard Alignment, as well as sample Slavery Lessons and Activities.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!