Spanish Explorers Interactive Notebook Unit – 12 Spanish Conquistadors Lessons – Digital Download
TWELVE Spanish Explorers Lessons featuring Nonfiction Informational Text (No Additional Textbook Needed) with a balanced mix of engaging hands-on activities + TWENTY Interactive Notebook Assignments to focus on the lives and daring exploits of famous explorers and conquistadors.Read More
Lesson 1 – Christopher Columbus
Lesson 2 – Amerigo Vespucci
Lesson 3 – Vasco Nunez de Balboa
Lesson 4 – Juan Ponce de Leon
Lesson 5 – Ferdinand Magellan
Lesson 6 – Hernando Cortes
Lesson 7 – Francisco Pizarro
Lesson 8 – Cabeza de Vaca
Lesson 9 – Hernando de Soto
Lesson 10 – Francisco de Coronado
Lesson 11 – Juan Cabrillo
Lesson 12 – The Future of New Spain
SPANISH EXPLORER ACTIVITIES:
- Nonfiction Informational Text – we provide all of the CONTENT
- Questions after each Explorer lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
- Reference Mapping using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
- Latitude and Longitude Mapping-lines of Latitude, Longitude, the Equator, Prime Meridian
- Explorer Grid Puzzles utilizing Ordered Pairs on a Coordinate Grid
- Research Projects using Primary and Secondary Sources
- Journal Writing using Close Reading and Text Features to enhance Comprehension
- Expository Writing – we take students through entire Writing Process!
- Spanish Explorer Vocabulary Quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following written directions to make their own miniature globe. All patterns included!
Students will then use the Spanish Explorers Content to complete TWENTY Interactive Notebook Assignments (all patterns and step-by-step instructions included!):
- Vocabulary Foldables
- Vocabulary Accordions
- Vocabulary Cootie Catcher with One-Pocket Organizer
- Vocabulary Flap Books
- Vocabulary Circle Flaps
- Two-Pocket Vocabulary Organizer
- Vocabulary Hexagon
- Vocabulary Booklets
- Six-Petal Vocabulary Organizer
- Vocabulary Puzzles
- Vocabulary Six Flap
- Christopher Columbus Journal Page and Interactive Booklet
- Amerigo Vespucci Pocket Time Line
- Ferdinand Magellan History Cube
- Hernando Cortes Cause and Effect Organizers
- Inca and Aztec empires Venn Diagram
- Hernando de Soto Interactive Time Lines
- Juan Cabrillo Find the Fib Game with Two-Pocket Organizer
- The Future of New Spain Circle Chart and Flip Book
We’ve included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Interactive Notebook and Writing Assignments.
© 2022-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
Splash! Publications • Created by Teachers • It Just Makes Sense.
This book is a digital download. You will receive a link to download the PDF after purchase. No physical book will be shipped.