Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Spanish Explorers Interactive Notebook Unit
TWELVE Spanish Explorers Lessons (251 pages) featuring Nonfiction Informational Text with a balanced mix of engaging hands-on activities + TWENTY INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS to focus on the lives and daring exploits of famous explorers and conquistadors:
Lesson 1: Christopher Columbus
Lesson 2: Amerigo Vespucci
Lesson 3: Vasco Nunez de Balboa
Lesson 4: Juan Ponce de Leon
Lesson 5: Ferdinand Magellan
Lesson 6: Hernando Cortes
Lesson 7: Francisco Pizarro
Lesson 8: Cabeza de Vaca
Lesson 9: Hernando de Soto
Lesson 10: Francisco de Coronado
Lesson 11: Juan Cabrillo
Lesson 12: The Future of New Spain
SPANISH EXPLORERS ACTIVITIES:
• Questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Thought-provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
• Reference Map Skills – Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
• Latitude and Longitude Map Skills
• Grid Puzzles – Ordered Pairs on a Coordinate Grid
• Research Projects using Primary and Secondary Sources
• Journal Writing – Close Reading and Text Features
• Creative and Expository Writing
• Spanish Explorer Vocabulary Quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following written directions to make their own miniature globe. All patterns and step-by-step instructions included!
Spanish Explorers includes TWENTY Interactive Notebook Assignments. Again, all patterns and step-by-step instructions included:
• THREE Vocabulary Booklets
• TWO One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizers
• TWO Vocabulary Cootie Catchers with Pocket Organizers
• THREE Vocabulary Flaps
• TWO Vocabulary Foldables
• Christopher Columbus Journal Page and Interactive Booklet
• Amerigo Vespucci Pocket Time Line
• Ferdinand Magellan History Cube
• Hernando Cortes Cause and Effect Organizers
• Inca and Aztec Empires Venn Diagram
• Hernando de Soto Interactive Time Lines
• Juan Cabrillo Find the Fib Game with Two-Pocket Organizer
• The Future of New Spain Circle Chart and Flip Book
We’ve included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Interactive Notebook and Writing Assignments.
Spanish Explorers, aligned with the 3rd-5th Grade READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards is one of NINE units in our American History Interactive Notebook Series. Purchase this Unit separately or save money by purchasing the entire AMERICAN HISTORY INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE.
Download the Spanish Explorers Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Standard alignment, and sample Spanish Explorers Lessons and Activities.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!