Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Thirteen Original Colonies Interactive Notebook Unit
THIRTEEN COMPLETE Colonies Lessons (241 pages) of Nonfiction Informational Text with engaging hands-on activities + TWENTY TWO INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS to explore the history of each of the Thirteen Original Colonies, including the New England colonies, Middle Colonies, and Southern colonies:
Lesson 1: Virginia Colony
Lesson 2: Massachusetts Colony
Lesson 3: New Hampshire Colony
Lesson 4: New York Colony
Lesson 5: Maryland Colony
Lesson 6: Connecticut Colony
Lesson 7: Rhode Island Colony
Lesson 8: Delaware Colony
Lesson 9: Pennsylvania Colony
Lesson 10: North Carolina Colony
Lesson 11: New Jersey Colony
Lesson 12: South Carolina Colony
Lesson 13: Georgia Colony
THIRTEEN COLONIES ACTIVITIES:
• Questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Thirteen Colonies Mapping Study Guide and Quiz
• Grid Math – using Coordinates to solve a Mystery Puzzle
• Differentiating between Primary and Secondary Sources
• Primary and Secondary Source Research Project and Game
• Reference Map Skills – Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
• KWLH Charts
• Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following written directions to make a 3D Miniature Log Cabin. All Patterns and step-by-step directions included!
Thirteen Original Colonies includes TWENTY TWO Interactive Notebook Assignments. Again, all patterns and step-by-step instructions included:
• TWO One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizers
• FOUR Vocabulary Flaps
• TWO Vocabulary Foldables
• TWO Vocabulary Booklets
• THREE Vocabulary Cootie Catchers
• Virginia Colony Accordion Foldable
• New Hampshire Colony Flip Book
• George Calvert Journal Page and Famous Person Wheel
• Connecticut Colony Interactive Time Line
• Roger Williams and Anne Hutchinson Find the Fib Game
• North Carolina Colony Cause and Effect Organizers
• New Jersey Pocket Time Line
• Famous Colonists Four-Fold Organizer
• James Oglethorpe Journal Page and Interactive Booklet
During their study of the 13 Original Colonies, students will read biographies of these famous Colonists and Native American leaders:
Sir Walter Raleigh
We’ve included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Interactive Notebook and Writing Assignments.
The Thirteen Original Colonies, aligned with the 3rd-5th Grade READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards is one of NINE units in our American History Interactive Notebook Series. Purchase this Unit separately or save money by purchasing the entire AMERICAN HISTORY INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE.
Download the Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Colonies Lesson Plans, Standard Alignment, and sample Colonies lessons and activities.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!