Thirteen Original Colonies Interactive Notebook Unit – Life in Colonial America – Digital Download
THIRTEEN Colonies Lessons of Nonfiction Informational Text (No Additional Textbook Needed) with engaging hands-on activities + TWENTY-ONE Interactive Notebook Assignments to explore the history of each of the Thirteen Original Colonies, including the New England colonies, Middle Colonies, and Southern colonies.Read More
Lesson 1 – Virginia Colony
Lesson 2 – Massachusetts Colony
Lesson 3 – New Hampshire Colony
Lesson 4 – New York Colony
Lesson 5 – Maryland Colony
Lesson 6 – Connecticut Colony
Lesson 7 – Rhode Island Colony
Lesson 8 – Delaware Colony
Lesson 9 – Pennsylvania Colony
Lesson 10 – North Carolina Colony
Lesson 11 – New Jersey Colony
Lesson 12 – South Carolina Colony
Lesson 13 – Georgia Colony
ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THIS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT:
- Questions after each of the 13 Lessons to assess Informational Text Comprehension – we provide all of the CONTENT!
- Thirteen Colonies Mapping Study Guide and Mapping Quiz
- Grid Math utilizing Letter Coordinates to solve a Colonies Mystery Puzzle
- Following Written Directions activities to practice Functional Text Comprehension
- Differentiating between Primary and Secondary Sources
- Primary and Secondary Source Research Project and Game – all materials and step-by-step directions included!
- Map Skills using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions to plot points of interest
- Famous Colonists KWLH Charts and follow-up activity
- Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following written directions to make a 3D Miniature Log Cabin. All Patterns and step-by-step directions included!
Students will then use the Thirteen Colonies Content to complete TWENTY-ONE Interactive Notebook Assignments (all patterns and step-by-step instructions included!):
- Vocabulary Flowers
- Vocabulary Hexagon
- Vocabulary Puzzles
- Six-Petal Vocabulary Organizer
- Vocabulary Flap Books
- Vocabulary Circle Flaps
- Vocabulary Accordion
- Vocabulary Six-Flap
- One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizer
- Vocabulary Foldables
- Vocabulary Cootie Catcher & One-Pocket Organizer
- Virginia Colony Accordion Foldable
- New Hampshire Colony Flip Book
- George Calvert Journal Page & Famous Person Wheel
- Connecticut Colony Interactive Time Line
- Roger Williams and Anne Hutchinson Find the Fib Game
- North Carolina Colony Cause and Effect Organizers
- New Jersey Pocket Time Line
- Famous Colonists Four-Fold Organizer
- James Oglethorpe Journal Page and Interactive Booklet
During their study of the 13 Original Colonies, students will read biographies of these famous Colonists and Native American leaders:
Sir Walter Raleigh
We’ve included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Interactive Notebook assignments.
© 2022-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
Splash! Publications • Created by Teachers • It Just Makes Sense.
This book is a digital download. You will receive a link to download the PDF after purchase. No physical book will be shipped.