Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Westward Expansion Interactive Notebook Unit
Ten Westward Expansion lessons in this packed 317 page American History resource feature nonfiction informational text balanced with a mix of engaging hands-on activities, and Interactive Notebook assignments exploring the Louisiana Purchase, Lewis and Clark Expedition, Gold Rush, famous trails West, and conflicts such as the Texas Revolution and Mexican War:
- Lesson 1: The New World
- Lesson 2: Louisiana Purchase
- Lesson 3: Lewis and Clark Expedition
- Lesson 4: Santa Fe Trail
- Lesson 5: Pacific Northwest
- Lesson 6: Texas Revolution
- Lesson 7: Oregon Trail
- Lesson 8: Mexican War
- Lesson 9: Gold Rush
- Lesson 10: Westward Transportation
WESTWARD EXPANSION ACTIVITIES:
- Questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
- Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
- Scale Mapping – trace the route of the Pony Express
- Expository Writing and Research Projects – Primary/Secondary Sources
- Journal Writing – utilizing Close Reading Skills
- John C. Fremont and Kit Carson Compare and Contrast Paragraphs
- Lewis and Clark KWLH Charts + Expository Writing
- Westward Expansion Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS:*
- 3 One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizer
- 3 Vocabulary Foldables
- 2 Vocabulary Booklets
- 2 Vocabulary Flaps Books
- New World Four-Fold Organizer
- Louisiana Purchase Cause and Effect Organizers
- Zebulon Montgomery Pike Journal and Booklet
- Daniel Boone Find the Fib Game and Two-Pocket Organizer
- Pacific Northwest Expert’s Journal
- Texas Revolution Time Line
- Famous Trails Flip Book
- Venn Diagram: John C. Fremont and Kit Carson
- Gold Rush Accordion Foldable
- George Custer and Sitting Bull Pocket Time Line
* All patterns and step-by-step instructions included!
- Meriwether Lewis
- William Clark
- Daniel Boone
- Robert Gray
- Andrew Jackson
- George Washington Bush
- John C. Fremont
- Kit Carson
- George Custer
- Sitting Bull
Context-appropriate Glossary, Answer pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Interactive Notebook and Writing assignments included.
Westward Expansion, aligned with the 3rd-5th Grade Reading, Writing, and Language standards is one of 9 units in our American History Interactive Notebook Series. Purchase this Unit separately or save money by purchasing one of our AMERICAN HISTORY BUNDLES or CLASSROOM PACKAGES.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!
© 2019-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
If you like our Westward Expansion Unit, please leave us a review. A huge thanks in advance!