World War I Interactive Notebook Unit
Twelve World War 1 lessons in this packed 258 page American History resource feature nonfiction informational text balanced with a mix of engaging hands-on activities, and Interactive Notebook assignments to teach students about causes of WW I, Battles in the Air and at Sea, Trench Warfare, America’s entry into the war, WW I Weapons, and the Treaty of Versailles:
- Lesson 1: Franz Ferdinand
- Lesson 2: July Crisis – the Beginning of World War I
- Lesson 3: Battles of 1914
- Lesson 4: Trench Warfare
- Lesson 5: Battles of 1915
- Lesson 6: Choosing Sides
- Lesson 7: America Enters World War I
- Lesson 8: World War I in the Air
- Lesson 9: World War I at Sea
- Lesson 10: World War I Weapons
- Lesson 11: Battles of 1918
- Lesson 12: End of World War I
WORLD WAR I ACTIVITIES:
- Questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
- Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
- Reference Map Skills – cardinal and intermediate directions
- Grid Math – ordered pairs on a coordinate grid
- Primary and Secondary Source – research projects
- Expository and Persuasive Writing – writing process included!
- Journal Writing – Close Reading and Text Features
- World War I Vocabulary Quizzes
INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS:*
- 2 One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizer
- 3 Vocabulary Foldables
- 2 Vocabulary Booklets
- 2 Vocabulary Cootie Catchers
- 3 Vocabulary Flaps
- Pocket Time Line: Europe and the United States 1863-1914
- Venn Diagram – Battles of 1914
- World War I Expert’s Journal – 15 WWI Battle entries
- Time Line sequencing Battles of 1915
- Pick a Side Foldable: choose and defend opinions
- Find the Fib Game: William Sowden Sims and John J. Pershing
- War in the Air Cube Foldable
- War at Sea Circle Chart and Learning Wheel
* All patterns and step-by-step instructions included!
Context-appropriate Glossary, Answer pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Interactive Notebook and Writing assignments included.
World War I, aligned with the 3rd-5th Grade Reading, Writing, and Language standards is one of 9 units in our American History Interactive Notebook Series. Purchase this Unit separately or save money by purchasing one of our AMERICAN HISTORY BUNDLES or CLASSROOM PACKAGES.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!
© 2019-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
If you like our World War I Unit, please leave us a review. A huge thanks in advance!