Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
World War I Interactive Notebook Unit
TWELVE Complete World War I lessons (258 pages) of Nonfiction Informational Text with engaging hands-on activities + TWENTY INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS to teach students about causes of World War I, Battles in the Air and at Sea, Trench Warfare, America’s entry into the war, World War I Weapons, and the Treaty of Versailles:
Lesson 1: Franz Ferdinand
Lesson 2: The July Crisis – the Beginning of World War I
Lesson 3: Battles of 1914
Lesson 4: Trench Warfare
Lesson 5: Battles of 1915
Lesson 6: Choosing Sides
Lesson 7: America Enters World War I
Lesson 8: World War I in the Air
Lesson 9: World War I at Sea
Lesson 10: World War I Weapons
Lesson 11: Battles of 1918
Lesson 12: The End of World War I
WORLD WAR I ACTIVITIES:
• Questions to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Discussion Group Activity to stimulate Critical Thinking
• Reference Map Skills – Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
• Grid Math – Ordered Pairs on a Coordinate Grid
• Primary and Secondary Source Research Projects
• Expository and Persuasive Writing – Writing Process Included!
• Journal Writing – Close Reading and Text Features
• World War I Vocabulary Quizzes
Students will then use the World War I Content to complete TWENTY Interactive Notebook Assignments. All patterns and step-by-step instructions included:
• THREE Vocabulary Foldables
• TWO One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizers
• TWO Vocabulary Booklets
• TWO Vocabulary Cootie Catchers
• THREE Vocabulary Flaps
• Pocket Time Line: Europe and the United States 1863-1914
• Interactive Venn Diagram – Battles of 1914
• World War I Interactive Expert’s Journal (15 WWI Battle Entries)
• Interactive Time Line sequencing Battles of 1915
• Pick a Side Foldable to Choose and Defend Opinions
• Find the Fib Game: William Sowden Sims and John J. Pershing
• The War in the Air Cube Foldable
• The War at Sea Circle Chart and Learning Wheel
We’ve included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Interactive Notebook and Writing Assignments.
World War I, aligned with the 6th-8th Grade READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards is one of NINE units in our American History Interactive Notebook Series. Purchase this Unit separately or save money and get FREE SHIPPING by purchasing one of our AMERICAN HISTORY BUNDLES OR CLASSROOM PACKAGES.
Download the World War I Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Standard Alignment, as well as sample Lessons and Activities.
FREE SHIPPING with $50 minimum order!